Shogi Deutschland invites to the 30th German Open Championship 2023.
Date and venue
The venue is about 30 minutes from Hamburg main station, near the station Othmarschen.
Please check out the timetable of
Hamburger Verkehrsverbunds (Hamburg's public transportation).
German Open Championship
- Open Tournament.
- Registration deadline June 7th, 2023 20.00 CET. Please use the registration form.
(For U18 players we ask for registration by a parent or guardian).
For any questions or additional information please contact us by e-mail to
- 6 rounds MacMahon system (with the internal German Championship integrated)
- Thinking time 45 Min + 40 sec Byoyomi
- Entry fee: 15 €, 10 € for students, 2 € reduction for members of a member organisation of FESA
- 10:30 to 10:50 Check-In
- 11:00 Round 1 and qualification for quaterfinal German Championship
- 13:00 Break
- 14:00 Round 2 and quaterfinal
- 16:00 Round 3 and semifinal
- 17:30 Shogi Deutschland members meeting (Non-members are also invited to be informed about
German Shogi activities, if they understand German)
- 09:00 Round 4 and final German Championship
- 11:00 Round 5
- 13:00 Break
- 14:00 Round 6
- around 16:00 Prize giving
During the tournament snacks as well as hot and cold drinks will be offered.
The nearest Hotel would be "Hotel Schmidt", about 10 minutes by foot.
On Friday, Shogi Hamburg is offering two smaller free guided city tours.
Small harbor trip - Old Elbtunnel - Michel Alster stroll - Rathausmarkt mark the program.
All rides by public transportation will be covered by Shogi Hamburg. Just for the cost of one
worthwhile visit 'on the Michel', the old landmark of Hamburg, interested parties have to pay themselves.
Reservations are required for both the tours and the dinners in the restaurants.
Please send this either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or as an SMS to 0163/7986436
(Uwe Frischmuth). For both tours, a message is sufficient by Friday, June 9, 2023 - 11:00 a.m. at the latest.
If you wish to take part in the dinner, Shogi Hamburg asks you to pre-register by Friday, June 2, 2023 at the latest
to be able to guarantee enough places.
- First tour from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., meeting point: U+S-Bahn Landungsbrücken
- Second tour from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., meeting point: U+S-Bahn Landungsbrücken
- The second tour then culminates in dinner at a fish restaurant.
- On Saturday, a visit to the restaurant after the meeting of Shogi Germany e.V. will also be offered.
If you have some special requests, please ask early. The times of the tours can be changed flexible.
If finding accommodation is difficult, we may be able to help.
| 1|| ||Kasey Nishimoto||JP||Netherlands|| 3 Dan ||2312|| |
| 2|| ||Kazushi Shibutani||JP||Düsseldorf|| 3 Dan ||2093|| |
| 3|| ||Peter Shcheslionok||BY||Minsk|| 4 Dan ||2078|| |
| 4|| 1||Frank Rövekamp||DE||Kurpfalz|| 3 Dan ||2000|| |
| 5|| ||Kensuke Tsutsui ||JP||Frankfurt|| 2 Dan ||1918 |
| 6|| ||Keigo Suzuki ||JP||Frankfurt|| 2 Dan ||1918 |
| 7|| 2||Hendrik Jock||DE||München|| 2 Dan||1898|
| 8|| 3||Janik Kruse ||DE||Paderborn|| 2 Dan ||1887 || |
| 9|| 4||Anton Borysov ||DE||Hamburg|| 2 Dan ||1884|
|10|| ||Ryoichi Murayama ||JP||Düsseldorf|| || |
|11|| ||Ermanno Bozzali||BG||Sofia|| 1 Dan ||1789|| |
|12|| 5||Richard Rödel||DE||Berlin|| 2 Dan||1782|
|13|| ||Fumihiro Watanabe||JP||Berlin|| 1 Dan ||1776|| |
|14|| ||Dmytro Rodyn ||UA||Stuttgart|| 1 Dan ||1769|
|15|| 6||Jochen Drechsler||DE||Heigenbrücken|| 2 Dan||1712|
|16|| 7 ||Fabian Fichter ||DE||Kurpfalz|| 1 Kyu||1679 |
|17|| ||Chung Man Chan||HK||Düsseldorf|| 1 Kyu||1672|
|18|| ||Mariusz Stanaszek ||PL||Krakow|| 1 Kyu ||1663|
|19|| 8||Daniel Többens||DE||Berlin|| 1 Kyu||1661|
|20|| ||Peder Gedda ||SE||Delsbo|| 1 Dan||1618|
|21|| ||Dan Kamo ||JP||Hamburg|| || |
|22|| 9||Oliver Orschiedt||DE||Kurpfalz|| 3 Kyu||1387|
|23||10||Uwe Frischmuth||DE||Hamburg|| 3 Kyu||1386|
|24|| ||Konrad Dreier||DE||Hamburg|| 4 Kyu||1376|
|25||11||Fabian Krahe||DE||Bremen|| 4 Kyu ||1329 |
|26|| ||Veit Fromm ||DE|| 5 Kyu ||1280 |
|27||12||Ralf Schnatterer ||DE||Karlsruhe|| 6 Kyu ||1176 |
|28|| ||Martin Wolff||DE||Hamburg|| 8 Kyu||1047|
|29|| ||Ian Meinköhn ||DE||Hamburg|| 8 Kyu ||1018 |
|30|| ||Niels Meinköhn ||DE||Hamburg||10 Kyu || 905 |